Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's All in the Name

To get this blog rolling I feel it necessary to give somewhat of a statement of intent. Why am I writing this blog, and more importantly, why are you reading it? This blog is, by most definitions, a healthy living blog. I like eating delicious food that is great for my body and I like being active in pretty much any way possible.

About the name; Living the HI Life. For me this name has two meanings. One being the representation of the place, Hawaii (abbreviated HI). I live on the island of Oahu, in the city of Honolulu. This place that I live, work, and play will be a feature of my posts. Because of the wonderful climate I can run outside, go camping, hiking, swimming, and ride my bicycle year round, so you will be seeing some of this...





Another interpretation of the blog's name is the HIGH life, as in a high standard of living (not as a drug induced high). My high standard of living is not about the amount of money I spend, but the quality of my life. I like eating whole foods that are close to the earth, and the best way to do this is
to plant your own produce, which I do on a small scale now. So expect to see some of this...


I also believe that to guarantee the "healthfulness" of your food you should cook it yourself, so expect to see some of this...


I also try to hold my body to a high standard by giving it regular quality exercise. I do this through biking, kayaking, and hiking, and yoga, but recently I have become obsessed with running, so I will also be posting a lot about that, including runs I did, training plans, racing, etc.

So welcome to my blog, and thank you for reading!


1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! Looks like a wonderfully HI life to me. I have a feeling there is bound to be more good posts to come. Fruits, vegetables, food, and oh so much more!!!

    ReplyDelete