Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Fruitful Afternoon

I was able to work from home this afternoon, which means that I was able to multitask and do other things around the house, which has really translated into lots of time in the kitchen. When it rains, it pours- I made lunch, then got dinner going (I have a mean meal in the works, but you'll have to wait for the recipe), then made a snack, which consisted of this.


All in a blender.


- frozen strawberries and blueberries
- 1/2 apple banana
- 1 small papaya
- mango
- soymilk
- 1/4 cup of silken tofu
- honey



Delicious! And also excellent fuel for the run ahead of me, I've got 7+ hilly ones planned. It makes me laugh when I read in Runner's World about the need to incorporate one hill run per week. Why is this funny you ask? Well, because ALL of my runs are hilly runs, due to the lay of the land here. Living in a valley I have to run up a hill coming towards my house, down a hill going away from it, and many ups and downs in between. So when my training plan says I should do hills they are certainly not hard to find. So send me your energy, shortly I'll be running towards these.



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a tasty smoothie. Too bad I didn't get any :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of your Hawaiian produce! Yum.

    ReplyDelete